wonderfully unique software solutions

How luxury fashion can reduce its environmental impact using data

Data can help progress on environmental sustainability and governance (ESG) with the “ultimate goal” of becoming “climate positive” – instead of damaging the environment – as one luxury fashion house is finding.

Data management partner Ortecha has deployed data lineage software from Solidatus to help fashion companies map their environmental impact and automate ESG reporting.

Daniel Bedford, lead consultant at Ortecha, said the company now has a “dynamic blueprint” for getting snapshots of environmental impact reporting on demand.

“To date, Ortecha has brought 68% of these data points into its automation processes with the remaining 32% scheduled for analysis and future automation,” Bedford said.

“Such stats demonstrate how this significantly reduces the risks of missing a target and the associated reputational damage.”

Previously, difficult-to-analyse Excel spreadsheets were the fashion company’s main way of collating information about people, processes and systems.

Using Solidatus’ multidimensional data mapping functionality, Ortecha was able to show the company the hidden connections in the data used for their climate report and the key data points that could be fed into an automated process.

Results included the ability to produce, publish, interpret and act on climate reporting more often, helping the company meet its ESG targets. Additionally, a road map could be drawn up for ongoing improvements.

Repeating the analysis for the company’s other reporting challenges presents further opportunities for optimising the business value of data, including in consolidation and automation, according to Solidatus.

“With so many standards, disclosures and rating methods, alongside the new data sources required to meet them, how do you understand how data requirements intersect whilst maintaining high-level control?” the company said.

Read the full Solidatus data lineage case study here.

( Image by anncapictures from Pixabay )

Recent Articles

Octopus Deploy follows Codefresh buy with 2024.1 Server

Continuous delivery (CD) pipeline platform vendor Octopus Deploy has acquired fellow development software specialist Codefresh and rolled out a new version of...

Top-25 cloud list runs gamut from Visma to Cloudflare, Wasabi to Azul

The Software Report market insights website has named 25 software companies as the top companies in cloud computing for 2024, offering specific...

TeamViewer partners Deloitte on digital visuals for warehouse logistics

Deloitte and TeamViewer have combined the latter's augmented reality (AR) based visual picking offering with SAP Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) for warehousing...

Hornetsecurity expands M365 cloud security offer with Vade deal

Cloud email security provider Hornetsecurity has added a partnership with Vade, increasing focus on answering data sovereignty requirements with best-in-class cloud, compliance...

Cross-browser testing provider BrowserStack named Microsoft ‘partner of choice’

Software testing platform provider BrowserStack has announced a strategic partnership with Microsoft to support Visual Studio App Center users transitioning to BrowserStack...

Related Stories

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Weirdware monthly - Get the latest news in your inbox