wonderfully unique software solutions

InVision predicts five UX design trends for 2020

Design practices are set to mature and permeate all areas of business in addition to further developing cross-functionalities, inclusivity and specialisation, according to InVision.

1. Continued evolution of computational design and AI

Computational design complements user-centred design. “In computational design, we move from designing things that meet human needs to designing computers and programs to do this for us,” according to Emerson Schroeter, blogging for InVision.

2. The rise of the business designer

As more companies catch on to the business value of prioritising design, design thinking becomes increasingly critical in shaping business strategy. Business-minded people are learning about design thinking with designers studying business too.

3. A growing focus on inclusive design

InVision believes there’s a call for a bigger overlap between UX design (designing great experiences for users) and universal design (designing for accessibility and inclusion).

According to Forrester in April 2019, companies typically focus on an “average” 80% of users, missing opportunities to serve the other 20%. Many firms, similarly, only address accessibility concerns to stay on the right side of their country’s laws, the market research firm argues.

4. Increased data and design integration

Designers and developers will increasingly collaborate, InVision claims, with “design-forward” companies using data to boost the bottom line. This means tackling design in an integrated way that increases market share and employee impact.

Check out InVision’s Design Maturity Model.

5. Stronger demand for specialised UX professionals

Businesses are devoting more attention and resources to design, resulting in bigger design teams. Google has more than 3,000 designers and IBM more than 2,000. Some insurance and finance companies have design teams of 150. InVision believes demand for UX professionals will go on rising through 2020.

Recent Articles

Octopus Deploy deprecates Server authentication, certifies with HashiCorp

Devops-focused config management company Octopus Deploy has rounded off November with a trio of updates -- affecting Octopus Server developers, HashiCorp Vault...

SolarWinds and HCL expand enterprise AI for IT ops partnership

Infrastructure applications vendor SolarWinds and HCL Software are expanding their work together delivering enterprise AI and ITops management offerings.

N-able expands channel push with accelerated global support

Remote monitoring and management (RMM) specialist N-able is ramping up its support fot the distribution channel worldwide in a bid to increase...

Keeper Security finds multiple weekly cyberattacks on UK professional services

The IT systems of UK-based professional services and financial services providers are often attacked many times each week, according to a Keeper...

JetBrains previews new IntelliJ based Fleet IDE and editor

Developer tools company JetBrains has opened up public preview access to its Fleet integrated development environment (IDE) and editor.

Related Stories

Leave A Reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Weirdware monthly - Get the latest news in your inbox